Saturday, March 5, 2011

72 Days Until Gown: 2 steps forward...1 step back

Well Mardi Gras is officially in full swing in New Orleans despite the lousy weather. Yesterday was absolutely gross, which put a real damper (heh) on my plans to go running.  My right forearm, however, got quite a workout because I used the nasty day to hand address every single wedding invitation.  Ouch.

With no further adieu, here are my current stats:

Weight: 136.0 (-0.4 lb loss from yesterday; -2.0 lbs lost overall).
Calories consumed: 1000
Exercise: 25 minutes (25 minutes walking 2.0 mph from my house to our spot on the parade route...I realize this barely counts).

2 Pounds though!  When I saw the scale this morning I got all excited, but then I realized that 2 pounds is not a particularly large amount of weight.  But chew on this:



I've lost the equivalent of EIGHT sticks of butter in three days!  That's so gross when you think about it, but it's true!  So yay!  I would consider that a small victory. 


I also ventured into a smoke-filled, crowded, loud, crazy bar for the first time since the boozefree diet began.  And that actually wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed sparkling water and lime; it was no San Pellegrino, but it did the job.   I just wish that the Rendezvous hadn't been so full (a party bus dropped off like 120 people at the exact same time; it was very hard to move around). Had it been just the usual crowd, it would have been an absolute blast.  So nights on the town are on the menu!  That's what I call the beginnings of a lifestyle change that has staying power. Another victory.

But along with the victories, come the fallbacks. Sigh. I had every intention of going to the catering tasting yesterday.  But about an hour before I was supposed to go I decided that it was just not a good idea at this current point in my weight-loss journey.  I called Bernadette and let her know that I wouldn't be able to make it.  So yes, I ran and hid.  I just don't think I am quite ready to deviate from my strict diet just yet.  I mean, I've lost eight sticks of butter, but even a 1 pound retreat would be like eating the 4 sticks of butter again.  Not ready for that.  It will come with time.  

As far as today goes, I am cleaning the house and relaxing.  The sky is supposed to unleash a torrent of rain any minute now. Believe it or not, weather.com says that there is a 100% chance of rain at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00 this afternoon.  That's a pretty ballsy prediction; time will tell if they end up being right. I had hoped to go running today because yesterday was a wash, but that will have to wait until tomorrow because I am not going to ruin Lucy and Ricky by running through mud.   Today's plan: strength training at the apartment during the thunderstorm.

Looking forward: no diet challenges in the foreseeable future. Just keep plugging away. Next Saturday I am getting my wedding hair trial done.  I've decided that if I manage to hit the 5 pound weight loss mark by then I might have to treat myself to a pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment