Wednesday, March 30, 2011

47 Days Until Gown: Metabolism Boost

Okay.  I have been getting comments on the blog that 1000-1100 calories is too few and it could be a reason that my weight loss has been slowing down because my body has entered "starvation mode."  These people might be on to something.

Now,  I am very hesitant about this because I don't want to mess with something that has been working for me so far, but I think I am going to increase my daily calories to 1200 and see what happens.  I started yesterday.  I actually did the math on myfitnesspal and 1200 should be fine assuming that I am "lightly" active.  I am mainly worried about the increase because my lifestyle is largely sedentary; when I don't make the time to actually work out, my day consists of sitting. A lot of sitting.

My hesitations aside, this morning's weigh-in went well.

Calories consumed: 1200. *insert nervous giggles...*
Weight: 128.6 (-0.4 since yesterday; -9.4 pounds overall). Holy cow!  Can I take a moment to bask in the lowest weight I've been (sans wine-over) since Fall 2009?  This feels good. I am a little nervous about tomorrow's weigh-in because the scale seemed to be struggling with the choice between 129 and 128.6 before finally settling.  I felt like Harry Potter in the Sorting Hat.  I had to practically "will" the thing to go down to 128.6 because it definitely wanted to place me elsewhere.

I was so nervous about the Sorting Scale's 129 proclivities, that I snapped this photo just to prove that I didn't dream it:



Additionally, in the spirit of revving up my metabolism, Fiance bought me the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred that I am going to try out today.  I am hoping that building some muscle will burn more calories. And plus, my butt will look great.

Heh. Maybe there is something to this 1200 calories thing.  I am going to give it a week and see what happens.  Hopefully I will FINALLY reach my 127.6 benchmark next Monday and get a pedicure after the gown fitting.

In other news: some of my Pre-Chunky Bride clothes fit again! I am wearing my old jeans (my old "fat" jeans, but hey, I'll take it) and I think they look rather good!

I have also started tanning (a little bit) in preparation for the wedding.  I know. I know. I know the cancer risks and the risks of looking like a shriveled up purse later in life.  But I am getting married!  I will probably never wear a solid white gown again and I am going to look bronzed and awesome in it this one time!  It also has this way of making me look skinnier. I swear it's not my imagination.

It's not!

2 comments:

  1. Yaeah!!!! for getting 30 day shred. Now you can live in pain with me! (just kidding.. well not for the first few days) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe this can help! http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/TIP04010/4-Ways-to-Boost-Metabolism.html

    ReplyDelete