Wednesday, March 16, 2011

61 Days: Gaining Perspective

Calories consumed: 1000
Exercise: None. No time. Law school is consuming my life.
Weight: 131.8 (-6.2 overall, +0.4 since yesterday)

I am not going to panic.  I have found my peace.  Sometimes the scale will fluctuate upwards, but so long as I stick to the diet it always--and I mean always--eventually goes back down (and then some!).

I cannot say enough good things about the myfitnesspal app.  I downloaded it for my iPhone back at the very beginning of this journey and I have entered my weight every single day.  One of its greatest features that I am just now beginning to appreciate is the graphical chart of my weigh-ins that it keeps for me.

*

*I'd like to mention that I began tracking my weight on the myfitnesspal app about two weeks before beginning the blog and the BBR.  You may notice that the relevant starting point for the blog begins right at the apex of the chart around 02/28.

Now, at first, when I had only tracked about a week of weigh-ins, even the smallest fluctuation looked huge on the graph. But as more time has gone by and more weigh-ins have been logged, the little gains that I fretted over so much just look like tiny blips on the graph.  The overall pattern is clear: I'm succeeding!

So yes. Today was a bit of a setback, but I am sure that in a few days it will be nothing more than a tiny blip on the chart.

It does, however, present a bit of a problem for my goal of getting into the 120s by Sunday.  A "blip" on Sunday would suck because, yet again, I will not get my pedicure...and I really, really don't want to wear the tracksuit.  So let's hope for big losses the rest of this week and no little "blips" on the days when it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment