Monday, March 7, 2011

70 Days Left: Other Measures of Health

Weight: 134.4 (-0.6 lb change from yesterday; -3.6 lbs lost since beginning the blog).
Calories Consumed: 1000
Exercise: Not Much.

Well yesterday was absolutely nuts in the Chunky Bride neighborhood.  Due to the nasty weather two days ago, one of Mardi Gras' biggest parades was rescheduled to roll in my neighborhood after another one of Mardi Gras' biggest parades that was already scheduled to roll in my neighborhood.  The result: an absolute clusterfuck around my house.

I've never seen such dense and crazy crowds.  Ever.  At Mardi Gras or at any other event for that matter.  How did the crowds affect my fitness goals?  Well, negatively.  It's very difficult to power-walk/jog when there are quite literally no sidewalks or streets that aren't completely clogged with passersby/campers-out.  I gave it a noble effort and then just settled on walking a leisurely pace to find friends along the route. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?  Right.

So my C25K goals are several days behind which is sort of irritating. But nonetheless, my weight loss goals are still on the right on track.  (Only 1.4 pounds away from PEDICURE!!) I have five days until the hair trial and I am really hoping I can lose enough weight to get my pedicure.  It will be nice to have a pretty princess day.  And in addition to my hair trial, I have another reason for wanting a pedicure:

(drumroll, please)

I ordered my wedding shoes! They should be delivered from Zappos by the end of the week and I just can't bear to stick my creepy, unpolished toes into them.  So that's more motivation right there. 

Today I am going to take advantage of the lull in the Mardi Gras action to go C25K-ing to Whole Foods and enjoy my favorite sushi roll: Spicy Tuna and Avocado. And I think after that I am going to walk to the Winn-Dixie on Tchopitoulas to check my blood pressure.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was frighteningly high around Thanksgiving. I'd like to see if the walking and dieting has improved it at all.  I think that while weight is important, I'd also like to check out some other measures of good health to make sure that I am on the right track.  

And speaking of measures of health, my BMI has begun shifting since the dieting began:

Notice, that at the beginning of the BBR, my BMI indicates that I was overweight.  I've now danced safely back into healthy weight category.  That's feels good too. 

That's all for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment